At the end of every year I like to look back and see what all I accomplished. Since almost everything I create and work on is online, generating stats and data is relatively easy. Plus many services are now sending “year in review” emails so it’s all automated. Here are some of this years numbers for Laravel News and this site.
Here is the break down for this year on Laravel News
- 1.5 million views with the best day bringing in 27k.
- 356 new posts, growing the total to 1,053 posts. Down from 679 last year.
- Longest posting streak of 6 consecutive days. (I typically take the weekends off)
- Most popular post was the Laravel 5 release announcement because it hit the front page of hacker news.
- Top referring sites: twitter.com, facebook.com, news.ycombinator.com, laravel.com. Thanks to all the others that linked to the site.
- Most visitors came from The United States, United Kingdom, & India. 212 countries in all.
- The Laravel newsletter grew from 3,260 subscribers to 11,650.
Eric Barnes (this site)
For this site which gets almost no love.
- 230k views with the best day bringing 1,800. Last year total views was 50k.
- 33 posts published bringing the total to 114.
- Setting up Gulp, Bower, Bootstrap Sass, & FontAwesome was the most popular post and it wasn’t even published this year. Search engines still reign.
- Most visitors came from The United States, United Kingdom, & India.
I don’t think there is anything to really learn from these numbers except to show up everyday and eventually something will hit.