I’ve always been a big fan of any Motocross game and Mad Skills Motocross 2 is a fun game. It’s a straight line style motorcycle game that feels a lot like a 2016 version of Excitebike. The greatest Nintendo game of all time.
Here is a quick demo of the game in action:
The game is free with in-app purchases as well as ads. They say if you buy anything that removes the ads but I haven’t bought anything yet. Instead, I’ve just played it and won the best bike and all accessories by continuing to chug along. It does take a while but I’ve found the game enjoyable even with a few ads.
One fun feature is the ability to challenge and compete against friends. Since many of mine are now trying it out I thought I’d share some tips I’ve learned while playing over the past few months.
In no particular order here are some tips that have helped me:
- Work through the career mode to get the better bikes. This is important as it’s easier to beat your friends with the fastest bike.
- Always land on your rear wheel. If you watch the video above you’ll see how they are landing with the front-wheel at a 40-degree angle.
- To jump low you need to ride a wheelie and at the highest point of the jump let off so that the bike absorbs the impact and shoots you low without much hang time. This is tricky to pull off but a huge bonus when it works.
- If you are facing a jump that you have trouble clearing the landing. Basically always casing the landing, do a front flip to get a few extra feet out of the jump.
- In small whoop sections lean back, in the deeper whoops do whatever you can to stay on top instead of dropping down into them.
- Watch for special lines. Sometimes it’s useful to hit the brakes and jump a double to be setup on a different line.
- When breaking for the really steep singles, ride a wheelie into the face and break then. This is tricky to hit perfectly but will almost instantly stop your momentum.
I hope these help and if you have any to add, feel free to comment below. If you are playing feel free to challenge me, my handle in the game is “ELB69”. My old racing number.